Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Playful Kiss

Hey guys, how's it going??

           Soooooo..... I know I'm really late on my post, since I was supposed to post this last week, I've just been super busy lately. Well I guess I do at least owe you some sort of explanation. You see, believe it or not, but I'm in a dance group (I won't get into details yet about what kind of dance and stuff just yet, I'll probably save all the extra info about myself in a new post in the future), we've done about 5 performances, since last week to today. So with the practices, performances, and the fact that my internet wasn't working all last week, you can see why this post was delayed. Well now that you know, let's get started and focus on some KDrama. So last week's Kdrama was going to be......................

                                                               Playful Kiss


Story Line:
Oh Ha Ni is a sweet lively and happy high school student yet she is definitely not the sharpest crayon in the box. She has a crush on Baek Seung Jo, the smartest boy in school despite being chased loyally by Bong Joon Gu herself. When she confesses to Seung Jo through a letter, he brings it back to her, after grading it harshly and commenting that he hates stupid girls. When Oh Ha Ni's new house suddenly collapses her father's friend offers for him and Ha Ni to stay with them. Unknown to Ha Ni, her father's friend is actually Baek Seung Jo's dad. As they continue to live under the same roof and attend Parang University together, Ha Ni continues to show affection for Seung Jo although he seems to be more interested in the equally clever and beautiful Yoon Hae Ra. Following Ha Ni's many efforts, Seung Jo finally falls for her in a romantic and protective way. The drama continues to show the young couple marry and go on to a pretty disasterous honeymoon.


Cast:
Jung So Min as Oh Ha Ni
Kim Hyun Joong as Baek Seung Jo
Lee Tae Sung as Bong Joon Gu
Lee Si Young as Yoon He Ra
Hong Yoon Hwa as Jung Joo Ri (Ha Ni's friend)
Yoon Seung Ah as Dok Go Min Ah (Ha Ni's friend)

All the information on the story line and cast are thanks to: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mischievous_Kiss

Romance: 7.5
     I think this drama did deserve this score in romance because Baek Seung Jo was always too serious for the romance aspect to get farther. I mean I also get that he was like that because, well that's the personality of the character. I do give him a compliment in a way because his character's personality was so mature and serious, his actions would be unpredictable and whenever he would do something sweet to Oh Ha Ni, it would surprise you and make it that much cuter, because you know that in his own weird way, he does care about her. Favorite romantic scene from the whole drama would have to be, Seung Jo and Ha Ni's kiss in the rain when he finally lets her know that he cares about her.

Humor:  8
     Well I though this drama was pretty funny, especially when they lived together of course. One of my favorite scenes that I still remember to this day, is the scene where Oh Ha Ni has an encounter with a flasher (a guy/girl who flashes his/her naked body to people) and Baek Seung Jo saves her. I also liked how in the end of each episode they would take a picture of a reenactment of a certain scene but would replace the actors with teddy bears like this..
                                                                         

Action:  2
     There wasn't that much action, since this was a more romantic comedy type of drama, I still gave it a two since it did have some scenes with fighting and stuff, but it never got too extreme.

Serious:  5
    The score for serious is just based on certain episodes that happen later on in the drama, like when Seung Jo's dad gets really sick, so he has to take over his job. I felt so sad because he was so stressed out about the job and at the same time, he was scared that his dad was going to get worse if he didn't help him.   

Hotness:  10
     I bet you can guess why I gave hotness a 10! Of course, because Kim Hyun Joong is freakin cute. I mean don't get me wrong, I will always be a Lee Min Ho fan all the way, but ever since I saw Kim Hyun Joong in Boys Over Flowers, I have always thought there was a cute sweet side to him.

Ending:  8
      I gave this ending a 8, which is pretty good in my books. I liked the ending because it actually showed their wedding, and honeymoon. I thought wedding and honeymoon scenes were hilarious and cute. I honestly liked how they ended it, because it showed how their relationship got better when they were finally married.

Now for the overall score on this drama...................................................
                                                                                    8                
 I think this is a fair overall score for this drama. I did love the actors (especially Kim Hyun Joong), and I love the romance between the main couple and the comedy that happened around Bong Joon Gu. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a funny drama, the romance does take a while for it to become mutual but in my opinion, I think its worth the wait while you're watching the drama.

Well I will be posting this week's review in the next few days, hopefully it won't be delayed like this one. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and thanks for reading.                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment