Sunday, December 30, 2012

Heartstrings

What's up errybody (and no that was not a typo),

    The next time I will update will be next year! Since tomorrow is going to be New Year's Eve. I actually enjoyed this year, it was filled with so many fun events for me. Can't wait to see what the New Year brings me. So this week's drama was a little bit of a disappointment, in my opinion, but I will still continue with the review for it. This week's drama is................

                                        Heartstrings (a.k.a You've fallen for me)
              

A lot of people have said that this drama is basically for those who wanted to see a relationship between the characters acted by Park Shin Hye and Jung Yong Hwa that wasn't established in the drama You're Beautiful. I also think that it was one of the reasons why I ended up seeing it too. I also though it was funny how in this drama his name was Lee Shin but in You're Beautiful his name was Shin Woo, see any similarity hahaha.

Story Line:
Lee Shin is a university student majoring in modern music. He is also the vocalist and guitarist of the band "The Stupid." Shin is known for his good looks and strong passion for music, but in reality he is cold, lacks interest in anything unrelated to music and has neither dreams nor plans for the future. Lee Kyu Won is a bright and outgoing student who was born into a prestigious family and is majoring in traditional Korean instruments, especially the gayageum. Trying to live up to her grandfather's expectations, Kyu Won immerses herself in training and becomes a university student who knows nothing outside of her studies. As her friends are fans of "The Stupid", she was forced to go to the band's concert with them. There she saw Lee Shin performing live, and is immediately captivated by him.

Cast:
Jung Yong Hwa as Lee Shin
Park Shin Hye as Lee Kyu Won
Song Chang Ui as Kim Suk Hyun
So Yi Hyun as Jung Yoon Soo

all the information on cast and story line are thanks to: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/You've_Fallen_for_Me 

Romance: 5
  Honestly, if you're looking for a like a romantic drama, this one might not be the drama for you. I get that it's supposed to be more of an innocent love type of deal, but geez I think Lee Shin kissed her like 3 times throughout the whole drama and each time Lee Kyu Won looked so shocked. Although it was a bit too innocent, they still had their cute couple moments, like when Lee Shin waited for her and to give her a ride on his bike, and he even made the seat comfortable for her, or when he sang to her and announced to everyone that they're dating.

Humor: 6
   The comedic parts were mostly caused by the other characters in this drama, like the drummer from Lee Shin's band, he was like the goofy, sweet, innocent guy. There was one scene with Lee Shin though that I thought was hilarious, it was when he took Kyu Won to the museum on a date sort of and he coincidentally tied his shoes next to this painting


Action:  0
   There wasn't really any big fighting scenes. A punch was thrown, I think once or twice in this drama but nothing major really.

Serious:  6
    The serious moments in this drama were really sad. Like how Lee Shin's father died and how he had to cope with it, since he had never known who his father was before. It was also sad when he injured his hand and he needed surgery but he didn't want to hold back Kyu Won back so he ended up breaking up with her, even though it hurt him too.

Hotness:  7
    I think I just gave him this rating because of fact that he was in You're Beautiful. He wasn't as hot in this one and I think maybe it had to do with the fact that in this drama he had to act more arrogant and his character in You're Beautiful was more of an adult and dare I say manly.

Ending:  6.5
    The ending was pretty good, I was glad that they got back together and this is the first drama I've seen where they ended in song. It was also okay because all the other side characters also got their happy ending. It wasn't an amazing ending, but it wasn't that bad either.


My overall rating for this drama is..........................

7  

   I gave it a seven because although there were some aspects of the drama were a bit disappointing, it was still good overall. I liked the major conflict they had in the drama, and I liked how the actors portrayed their characters too. I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites, but I liked watching it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment