Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Boys Over Flowers

Hey everybody it's KDL!!

     Well this will be my first official post, I don't count the one I did yesterday because to me that was basically an intro to what my deal is. As I write about the dramas I'm going to give each category a score from 1-10 and explain why, so the first Drama I will be talking about is, drum roll please............ Boys Over Flowers!! Yes, this was the first drama I saw, and can I say the members in F4 are some hotties!
Actors-
Koo Hye Sun as Geum Jan Di
Lee Min Ho as Goo Joon Pyo
Kim Hyun Joong as Yoon Ji Hoo
Kim Bum as So Yi Jung
Kim Joon as Song Woo Bin
Kim So Eun as Chu Ga Eul (Jan Di's best friend)

Story Line:

Geum Jan Di is an ordinary girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store. While delivering dry cleaning to a student at the prestigious Shin Hwa High School, she saves his life by stopping his attempt at jumping off the roof and is given a full swimming scholarship. She attends Shin Hwa High and soon is terrorised by the leader of F4 (the four richest and most popular boys at the school) Gu Jun Pyo. Although Jun Pyo persists on bullying her, he begins to find himself attracted to Jan Di. However, Jan Di has a crush on Yoon Ji Hoo, Jun Pyo's best friend. When she realises that Ji Hoo is merely a close friend and that she really loves Jun Pyo the couple are thrown into a dilemma as Jun Pyo's mother sets out to break them up and find a more suitable match for her son.

All the info above on B.O.F is thanks to:  http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Boys_Before_Flowers#Cast

Romance- 7
      There was romance in this drama, but Geum Jan Di and Goo Joon Pyo just never really seemed comfortable with each other when it came to too much romance. It's true that Joon Pyo showed his affection by doing cute things like taking her on trips, and having romantic dinners, but I always felt like Jan Di could've given him more credit than she did. Don't get me wrong, that kiss they shared in the cabin in ep.14 was steamy, but they basically kissed like 4 times throughout the drama, and Jan Di, to me seemed a bit emotionless each time.

Humor- 7
     This drama was pretty funny overall. I liked how they made Joon Pyo so dim. I think the funny moments were also due to other actors in the drama. Like when Ji Hoo walks in on Jan Di while she's using the toilet, his face was priceless.

Action- 6 
     I think there was enough action in this drama, so that this story won't just have the aspect of romance. It's always cool and hot to see good looking guys act all bad ass when trying to save a girl that found trouble because of a dumb decision.

Seriousness- 7
     I gave this drama a 7 in seriousness, because the characters did have serious problems they had to deal with in their lives like Joon Pyo having to deal with the loss of his father, Ji Hoo growing up an orphan and getting rejected by his grandfather when he was a kid, even Jan Di had to deal with her family being harassed by Joon Pyo's mom (also aka the evil witch). There was serious moments that actually made me feel sad for the lead guy, like when he broke up with Jan Di to try to protect her from his mom.

Hotness- 10
     Of course I had to give the guys in this drama a 10 in hotness. They were all so cute and I loved their different yet similar personalities. I've got to say though that my favorite character in the beginning was Ji Hoo but as the drama progressed I ended up loving Goo Joon Pyo and his cute, goofy self.

Ending- 7
     When I watch a drama I am a bit picky with endings, I either don't like them or I do. Honestly with this drama, the ending didn't really meet my standards. The problem I had with it was that Jan Di never answered Joon Pyo's marriage proposal, and instead all five of them were just staring at the sunset. Who really does that?? I mean I know that since its a drama it was going to have an ending with all five of them in it, but I don't know they could've done the ending at like Jan Di's wedding or something. I also feel like the spanish soap operas I've watched as I was growing up could have an affect on this since those stories always end with a marriage or showing the future family of the main couple. Still though I feel like it could have been less cheesy.


                                        My over all score on this drama is............:
                                                                                 9
Even though there were some aspects of this drama that I didn't like, I did love the overall drama. The actors played their characters very well, and I did love the plot and the twists in the story line, and I always end up singing "Almost paradise!!" (for those who haven't seen it, it's a catchy song they play throughout the drama).

                                                                       Peace out yo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment